And it’s done! Many thanks to The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the Valley Community Foundation and our many donors for a very successful event!
We received a very generous $930 in donations!
Also thank you to the following for helping to get the word out:
- Action Sports (Branford)
- Berlin Bike (Berlin)
- Chapman’s Orange Bicycle (Orange)
- Cutting Edge (Berlin)
- The Devil’s Gear (New Haven)
- Oxford Parks and Recreation
- Oxford Public Library
- Oxford Public Works Dept.
- Pedal Power (Middletown)
- Suburban Sports (Berlin)
- Zane’s Cycles (Branford)
In all, The Great Give raised $1.4 MILLION for non-profits in the Greater New Haven area. Good job everyone!
Stuff We’ve Done (2015):
- Five miles of new trail @ Rockland and Pisgah (and new bridge @ Pisgah)
- A mile of new trail @ River Highlands
- Led rides throughout the area, including weekly series like the Ride-After-Work (RAW) rides
- Helped save the 1000 Acre Forest (“The Preserve”) and KT’s West Branch (“Sidewinder”) property
Stuff We’re Doing (2016):
MOAR TRAILZ: We have active trail projects @ Rockland, Pisgah and River Highlands, and pending projects at Cockaponset and Branford Supply Ponds (and possibly a new project in Oxford as well).
MOAR RIDEZ: New weekly series this year include the Faturday (fat bike Saturday) rides, Wandering Wednesday rides, and a Saturday morning ride at Branford Supply Ponds.
ADVOCACY: Making local land managers more aware of what mountain bikers can do for them.